This is getting interesting in deciding the location of the many parts to the G3X system. I am about to mount the GMU 11 in the wing and after reading the instructions on location I am not aware of any suitable location in the wing or fuselage. As I know this has been done with great success I also will have to deviate from Garmins wishes for NO magnetic, electrical carrying capabilities of interferences to be within 5 feet of the GMU, and don't even think about using a screw driver that might have a magnetic field. So what is a fellow to do?

As the folks at Steinair have told me, do the best you can and all will be fine. The one area of concern is Garmin does not want any ground from the strobes, landing lights grounded from their mounts to a carry through tube such as the wing spar. There should be a separate power/ground twisted wires. It seems this is to avoid the wing skins from setting up an interference field but since we have fabric is this really a concern? However, Areoled's wants the units to be grounded from the mounts. Perhaps I am not understanding this whole process but this is what I am reading into the install. Anyone who has been there and back again I would appreciate your input.