I'm building in 2/3's of a three car garage. Plenty of room. The tip to have everything on wheels is important. After your order the kit, spend your time building rotisseries for the wings and fuselage on Harbor Freight wheels. It's also nice to have a couple of workbenches on wheels - one large to work on and the smaller to collect tools and clutter. Once in awhile, the garage doors are open for a general shuffling of parts.

The quick build wings and pre-fab parts are well worth the cost. I can't imagine how I would have built some of the pre-fab parts. I'll also second the Kitfox tool kit for hard to find items such as really long bits.

Other things I use frequently:
  • Grizzly G7943 Drill Press on bench with wheels
  • 10" Bench Grinder
  • Ryobi Bench Belt Sander
  • Shop Vac
  • Wen Rotary Tool (Dremel Knockoff)
  • Drill Doctor to keep bits sharp
  • A collection of really good bits in both wire and fractional sizes.
  • This forum with a wealth of knowledge from other builders.

Having the project in the garage, rather than a remote site, is very convenient and, for me at least, has kept the project moving.

The build process doesn't really take any special skills. Mostly patience and attention to details are important. At first I kept a detail log of progress and an eye on the potential end date. After a few months I relaxed and am simply enjoying the build. It's a great way to spend your leisure time.