Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 4 rebuild

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kitfox 4 rebuild

Hi all, well I'm finally getting around to rebuilding the Kitfox 4 I hauled up from Texas about 5 years ago (thanks Pete Ohms :-) ) I redid the wings last summer, in between other projects and am now back to work on the rest of the plane. Stripped most of the stuff out of the fuselage yesterday and today. Just before I quit for the evening, I went to remove the rudder. The 2 top bolts were rusted into the heim joint bearings. Still haven't gotten the top one out, will probably move the plane outside where I can spin the rudder around to unscrew the heim joint out of the tail post. I've got other heim joints so I can wreck this one if need be. Anyway, the point of this thread is to advise those that have this type of fitting, it might be a good idea to oil them once in a while so the bolt doesn't rust into the bearing in the heim joint. It will make removing the rudder much easier if you ever choose to. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images