I would argue they absolutely do not apply unless specifically referenced or in reference to a part that is required under the FAR's such as the ELT, transponder or IFR cert. Part 43.1(b) defines what the regulations are regarding mx and records required, however it also states that this does not apply to any aircraft with an experimental certificate. There is no strict guidance what to put outside of what the operating limitations state for your aircraft.

For what you referenced it is applicable to certified aircraft only
....A description (or reference to data acceptable to the Administrator) of the work performed...

This would refer to a 337 or compliance with the aircraft mx manuals to ensure continued airworthiness. Nothing done to an experimental gets sent to or has to be proven to the administrator and no acceptable data is required to make any modification to an E-AB aircraft (negating those systems/inspections already discussed above). There is also no requirement for anyone to make any entry returning an experimental aircraft to service.

I'm not 100% sure on this part, but I've never seen an experimental on a progressive inspection, nor an annual (a conditional is different, though still every 12 calendar months)...the only one I could see is a 100 hour if you have the proper waivers to use it for flight training....but again not 100% on this.

At the end of the day, I will log all of my work done and date, sign, and put my A&P number at the end just because good record keeping never hurt in maintaining an aircraft.