For now I'm just going to give up on reading the on-line 912iS Installation Manual and break down and ask, "What switches are required, and how do you start this fancy engine I'm planning to install?"

The manual has page after page of discussion of the intricacies of wiring harnesses but it all seems directed to the harness that comes with then engine. I would have been so nice to find a, "Here is What the User Supplies" chapter.

Along with the Firewall Forward kit, I purchased these engine related switches from Kitfox: Master, Lane A, Lane B, Fuel Pump 1, Fuel Pump 2, and a shrouded push button starter switch. With a simpler engine, that should do the job. At this point I'm not sure the set meets the requirement for the 912iS.

There are a few of us thrashing around at this stage of the project. It would be very appreciated if someone with an iS installation could post a simple description of the starting sequence and perhaps a schematic of the user supplied wiring.

I suppose I'm feeling more than a little overwhelmed facing the complexities of this engine combined with the G3X Garmin system. This needs to get all ironed out before holes are drilled in the instrument panel.