Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Vinyl Decals for Kitfox Classic IV

Default Vinyl Decals for Kitfox Classic IV

Does anybody know of someone on the east coast who does vinyl graphics for KitFox planes?

Thanks

Default Re: Vinyl Decals for Kitfox Classic IV

Any vinyl cutting/lettering business can do this for you.

Just a quick Google search of "vinyl lettering Connecticut" yielded a ton of results. I'm sure there's one near you.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Funny thing is, when you go in and tell them it's a plane they will give you a goofy look and they might even say "let me check with ..... and see if we can do that." As if a plane surface is any different than a car. OK it's fabric skin, so prepare yourself with photos of fabric covered airplanes that have vinyl on them. You'll be educating them a little. I just stopped by two local applicators myself last week. Didn't really care for one place and the huge company in Corona CA hasn't replied to me after they requested an email with pictures regarding the matter. I may get the vinyl printed and then have to apply it myself. I haven't ruled out painting the invasion stripes myself and applying vinyl Stars and bars after I just read the quote from the local aircraft paint shop. $$$$
    Once I determine that I can get the paint to not run under the masking tape I can do this work for hundreds not thousands of dollars. I've learned how to accomplish the sealing off of the masking here from someone. Now must just give it a whirl on some scrap Oratex.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Once I determine that I can get the paint to not run under the masking tape I can do this work for hundreds not thousands of dollars. I've learned how to accomplish the sealing off of the masking here from someone. Now must just give it a whirl on some scrap Oratex.
    Eddie
    There is a particular "special" tape that supposedly works best for this with Oratex. I got a roll of it from Lars. I didn't use it and I'll send it to you if you'd like, Eddie. There is also a company called AeroGraphics, in Loveland, Colorado that specializes in aircraft lettering, stripes, logos, etc. They use a particular 3M product that adheres great to the Oratex. They are very fast, and ship all over the world as far as I know. It will probably be much cheaper than painting. I did the stripes, logos & N numbers with it on my project.

http://www.aerographics.com
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Im aware of them. They have everything I want too. I have yet to contact them as of yet but probably will on Monday. Thanks John. I will get back to you on tape. Let me see if Aerographics can do this for me so I dont have to paint.
    Eddie
    Last edited by efwd; 08-26-2017 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Incomplete

I used aerographics for my n number and call sign plaque on the instrument panel.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind