Hey all,

I called Kitfox yesterday and spoke to a wonderfully helpful woman who informed me quite a bit on questions I had regarding S-lsa, e-lsa and giving flight training.

Basically, I want to build my Kitfox and keep the possibility open of doing flight training in it when I attain my cfii. Now you can flight train in an s-lsa but those have to be 100% factory built. So unless you want to pony up the dough for them to build, you won't have one. An e-lsa you could have and get the 16 hour cert so you could do your own annuals but then you can't give flight instruction. An amateur built experimental is in the same boat. Such was my conundrum...

However, she informed me that it is possible to attain a letter of deviation from our good friends at the FAA which would allow you to do follow on training (such as getting a tailwheel endorsement) in an experimental amateur built and I assume an e-lsa as well. But she stressed they dont just give them out because you asked.

So that being said, does anybody here have one or know somebody who has gotten one?