also posted on avid site:

Ok guys I just got my Avid back from the first condition inspection its been through since I bought it last sept. All of the items I was worried about were a non issue and outside of a rad flush and cleaning up some very minor engine compartment items nothing else was in bad shape. YEAH ! Now for the reason of my post. I went to a rather big outfit at the Denton municipal airport in Texas. I should have asked price but didn't after looking on this site and avid/fox flyers I expected somewhere in the realm of 300-400 for the inspection and work would be on top of that. Well my bill was a flat rate $995 for the inspection (evidently a $300 discount) and $600 for the work done. I expected somewhere around $100 shop time actual was 109 but inspection was a flat fee. The actual A&P said he usually bills 1300 on LSA. My question does anyone know a shope within an hour of DFW metroplex area that might be closer $ to what I expected? Lesson learned I will ask $ next year just thought prices I saw here was pretty common. I am guessing look for small shops at airports but the internet is less forthcoming than I had hoped. It is almost as if A&P shops rely on word of mouth.