Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Trying to locate a Kitfox built by my Grandfather

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Trying to locate a Kitfox built by my Grandfather

Hello Kitfox Nation,

My name is John Conway and my Grandfather is Robert Croft. My Grandpa built a Kitfox 2 in 1988 and taught me to fly in that plane. He lived in Colorado at the time and we had countless adventures cruising around the mountains and having lunch under the wing at some remote strip. So many great memories!

He had the plane for quite a while, moving it to Arizona and finally New Mexico where he sold it to a family friend. It was sold again and I lost track of it.

My Grandfather passed away last fall and it really got me thinking about all of the great times we had in "The 'Ol Fox." and if she was still flying.

According to the FAA site, it was last registered in 2013 to a Mr. Aaron Vanshoiak in Hayti, SD. (The tail number is N81589.) I wrote to the address listed (As well as 3 other addresses from white pages/internet searches/etc.) but all of the letters have been returned as undeliverable. I tried searching thru Facebook and other sites but also no luck.

If by chance anyone out there recognizes the plane or knows the owner, would you please forward this to him or her? I'd like to think she's still flying, but if the Kitfox is sitting in a hangar somewhere and needs a little restoration, maybe we can get her back in the air!

Thank you all for your time!
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images