From my research the Rotex 912 installed weighs about 150lbs, the ContO-200 with accessories weighs about 220lbs, so it appears there's about a 70lbs difference give or take a little.
As far as fuel burn, again, research shows, basically no difference. Both engines come in about 4.5 gallons per hour........again give or take a little.
As far as adding weight in the tail for the Cont, seems most compensate by relocating the battery, so no need to add addition lead weight.
Rotax @ 150 lbs @ 100hp = 1.5php (php= pounds per horsepower)
Cont @ 220lbs @ 100hp = 2.2 php
Cont @ 220lbs @ 125hp (high comp pistons, port and polish) 1.76 php
I plan on 125hp for my O-200 with above mods.
So in summary, fuel burn difference is minimal and not a factor for me.
The difference in weight is a consideration, but factor in the hp mod I plan on doing and the difference in pph isn't much, certainly not enough to cut the rate of climb in half and double the take off distance.
From what I've read, the Rotax has come a long ways as far as reliability and TBO. It's great that many of you love your Rotax's, I have no problem with that.............I just would prefer a Cont or Lyc, and I'm leaning more towards the Cont...............not here to start the great debate which is best............just looking for opinions and experience with the Lyc and Cont powered SS7's
With that said, I do appreciate everyone's input.
Brian