Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
All great info thanks everybody. If I can't fly my plane down to -20C (-4F) I won't be able to use it much up here

I understand plugging the leaks is a big part of the battle too. I have some ideas for that but it will be all as I go stuff. I should have enough jam with my ext ally to run a heated vest if needed.
yes, I forgot the heat vest. that's works very well also. I can understand you needing the inside water heater. using the plastic to cover things is a must. when I put the plastic back on I'll have to post a picture, right now I have none. but when you fly your airplane take note on all the air coming from under the panel. that's where the air needs to stop. it's mainly coming from the windscreen and dumping straight down into the cowl then into your feet. some will come over the firewall under the cowl also. I cover all that and there is no air when I'm done. again the weight from that is minimal. I love a light plane. I also did some work and did some covering above the door at the wing. that worked out real good. then you can put some duct tape between the door and where it meets up after you close the door. I do that also. I release it on one side and then open the door. another redneck way of doing things I guess.