Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Electrical Plugs at Wing Roots

Default Re: Electrical Plugs at Wing Roots

Quote Originally Posted by coachtylerm View Post
    possibly dumb question here but I’m just getting to the landing and recognition lights on our series 7 and I noticed that some people have run four different wires through the wings. I have run two wires through that each have four wires inside of them. I know I’m not explaining this very well, but they go to the wigwag recognition lights and micro sun landing lights. Is that correct?
    I don't think it matters whether you have 2x 2-wire cables or 1x 4-wire cable. You just have to make sure they have the correct
    current-carrying capacity and are shielded if they run anywhere near the magnetometer. The "other" wires you saw where possibly
    used for the pitot heat, navigation lights, or magnetometer.
    Building SS7
    915iS
    Garmin G3x

Default Re: Electrical Plugs at Wing Roots

Quote Originally Posted by VictorV View Post
    I don't think it matters whether you have 2x 2-wire cables or 1x 4-wire cable. You just have to make sure they have the correct
    current-carrying capacity and are shielded if they run anywhere near the magnetometer. The "other" wires you saw where possibly
    used for the pitot heat, navigation lights, or magnetometer.

thank you for that Victor! I really appreciate it. I obviously knew building an airplane would be quite the task, but dang do I have a lot to learn! Ha ha