Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Need advice on a minor incident

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need advice on a minor incident

So I need some advice. I had my fox in the driveway doing some guessing and checking. I was checking and adjusting my control surface to make sure I was minimizing unneeded rubbing or noises as I prepare for my FAA inspection. I was folding the wings at dusk. I had one folded and was in the middle of folding the second. I had just taken the pin out and was holding the wing (with a full load of fuel) along the leading edge. A rogue gust of wind managed to blow the full wing out of my hands. It struck the tail and shook the plane. I was mortified at what had happened. However, after an inspection, I found the damage was quite minor. I took an endoscope and inspected the whole frame and found no structural damage. The damage was a few dings in the flapperon and scuffs (not torn through) on the vertical stabilizer. I'm going to add a few pics.

5i8o4az.jpg

6PJeLPU.jpg

HLnc4da.jpg

HpjVKIh.jpg

rOAQQeu.jpg

At this point, I need some advice. Since the damage is so small, I not sure I want to do a traditional stits polyfiber patch. I'm not sure the best way to fix the fabric and the flapperon. I'm not even sure I should fix it at all because of the miniscule size of it.
    Last edited by Av8r3400; 05-07-2017 at 07:48 PM.