I'm glad that all of my late night mind wanderings made sense to someone

An accurate tuff test would be the best way to know if there just might be a way to get VG's to work on our Kitfox wing. Maybe we just haven't found the exact right location? But again, I've seen a lot of locations tried over the years to poor results on Kitfoxes, so I'm still skeptical (plus I hate cleaning around VG's, so that somewhat deters me from installing any).

It is really interesting to hear that VG's work well on the STI Kitfox wing. But I have to admit that I know very little about what the difference is between that wing and a regular Kitfox wing. Maybe Kitfox aircraft could share where they located them on the STI wing and someone here could then try the same location on a regular Kitfox?

Trent, it sounds like you're going to try a set of STI wings on your plane, is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by trentp View Post
Av8rps, that makes total sense to me! It sounds like it really depends on what wing it's on as well because I have heard the VGs actually made a pretty big difference on the STi wing, which still utilizes flaperons. I plan on flying the STi wing without VGs before installing them so I can test it on that wing. I'll report back with my results.