Ok guys I am sure you are getting tired of my radio question but in my never ending (so it seems) search to get a clear and readable radio and intercom I now have a new issue. I have a yasue handheld radio with a lower end Rugged headset with a flight com portable/ 12v two place intercom. I have had issues with the fuel pump pulsing through the headset when the 12v is hooked up. Simple enough just run off of 9v (not what I want but usable). I have had lots of ambient noise from the original mic on the headset so I switched to a pilot PA-9EHN mic for high noise environments. I have not had the chance to have anyone fly with me so I do not know for sure, but the intercom and voice feedback into the headset is nice and clear. My problem now is my transmission is "readable but very low" according to other traffic. So low that either people are not hearing my radio checks or just not responding. In my research it seems that the mic I bought needs between 8-28volts to operate and from what I understand a handheld will only put out in the neighborhood of 4-5volts between the radio and headset on transmit. The intercom puts out the required volts and therefore works but once the PTT is pushed it relies on the radio to supply the voltage and it may not be pushing the juice at the required voltage. Is there a way to step up the voltage during PTT usage or should I try another lower voltage mic and just eat the $160 for two mics? Any suggestions? I currently have it tied directly into the radio and bypassing the intercom to see if that works any better but not holding my breath. As of yet I have not flown it with the new mic installed and bypassing the intercom.