I have been working on radio issues for the past couple of months. Originally I would get some FM interference in certain areas overpowering all other radio traffic. I just replaced my antenna with a flexible dipole and solved that problem. I also replaced my headset mic with an electret high noise mic and solved the excessive ambient noise. Now I am hearing the impulse of the fuel pump coming through the headset. I have isolated it enough to know it is coming through the intercom (wired headset directly to handheld and bypassed the intercom= no noise). I just sleeved the fuel pump wires in SS braid and it had no effect. I also put a noise filter on the radio/intercom switch, still no effect. I have a couple of options was hoping to save a little work going from easiest to hardest/most time consuming. 1. ground fuel pump directly to battery and away from the common ground plate. 2 install ferrite beads on fuel pump wires close to pump.3 sleeve all intercom wires coming off intercom box in SS braid.
Should I be trying to shield the offending device or shielding intercom FROM the offending device?
Both the power and ground are on common bus connections and I am leaning toward it feeding through the power supply somewhere.
Mark
ps yaseu handheld with intercom system and headsets