Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Extra wing rib braces?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Extra wing rib braces?

Hello fellow aviation enthusiasts,
    I have thoroughly enjoyed reading many of the helpful solutions and encouragements.
    I have purchased a KF4-1050 last year. The wings and airframe were already covered and painted, no engine. The wings have 13 gallon tanks. Upon closer inspection of the wings, noticed extra braces installed on the fwd part, inbd/otbd sides of all the wing ribs and attached to the fwd spar with 1/8x3/8 rivets. Each support bracket on the fwd spar has been attached with two rivets.All these extra supports are not depicted on the wing assembly instructions.
    1. I'd like to know if this has been accomplished on any KF4 for starters.
    2. If I conform my wings to the drawing as depicted, would there be any problem using universal cherry max rivets to plug all 1/8 holes on the fwd spar?
    3.Should the fwd spars be replaced or leave the additional braces?
    All the green lines drawn on the diagram, represent the extra braces installed. The other diag shows dimensions of the braces which was to be installed only on the #10 wing rib.

Looking fwd to all your insight,
    JC
    Attached Images Attached Images