Question... I just had my work on KF 1200 gone over by my tech advisor. Likes what I have between panel and firewall. Much relieved. But curious about master switch only shutting off battery power. Feels that would damage rectifier/regulator if engine continues to run with the master switch off. I had that experience with a rectifier on a motorcycle. But, I read in one of the many discussions on this forum that it is technically not an alternator but a dynamo. I have no idea what that suggests regarding this issue.
I also think I read in a thread that rectifiers had been damaged when masters cut out the battery with the engine running.
If so, could a solution be a relay controlled by the master switch that disconnects both wires coming from the alternator to the rectifier ?
Could a switch in the "C" lead from the rectifier have an effect on separating the rectifier input from the alternator?
There are so many of you knowledgeable about this stuff I thought I would ask before trying some tests.
OK now for fuselage covering.
Bud