Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 UL Pickups Mounting

Default 912 UL Pickups Mounting

Having a hard time figuring out the spacers and mount of the pickups for igntion on the 912 UL. The manuals for the 912 do not show accurate pics of where spacers might go especially on the 2 ignition pickups by the starter (2 oclock position) and where the harness mounts fit in the assembly order?
    Does anyone have a better pdf or pic / blowup of the assembly and parts.

Thx

Jared

Default Re: 912 UL Pickups Mounting

In the Heavy Maintenance manual (link), Chapter 74, pages 46 and 47 detail the installation of ignition trigger coils.

I don't know what spacers you are referring to. There are no "shims" or other spacers in the triggers that I know of.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I had a similar issue,Google images clarified where everything goes.
    If if your harness hasn't been modified everything lays out in a logical order.

Thanks for the reply... what i discovered is that even in the heavy maintanence manual they dont have a very good blowup picture of the spacers but in fact when LEAF and a couple other shops sent me pics and looked at the parts lists they show 4 spacers between triggers and the case. Two need to be offset (clockwise the second is offset outward / two spacers... the third is tack pickup and fourth is also ofset with ONE spacer because the case is machined to accomodate the outward protrusion of the one ear of pickup four) The fourth spacer accomodates the addel clamps for the harness apparently on the fourth trigger. Can't believe how difficult it was to find all this out but i dont have a spare 912 lying around to look at.
    Sure hope this helps someone else building from scratch.

Jared

You might find what you are looking for within this S.B. for the updated Stator..
    Attached Files Attached Files