Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Prop for 912 in KF IV?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Prop for 912 in KF IV?

It appears IVO 3 blade is used by some with 912. Is ground adjustable among those OK? I have the hub, just need 3 blades. My Rotax is an older model. Plan to run only after having it gone over by Phil Lockwood's folks. But, need the right prop for that.

Is it possible to identify engine manufacture date with serial no ??

Default Re: Prop for 912 in KF IV?

Hello Bud.

If you run the serial number through Rotax, they will give you all of the hem data on the motor. link

There are plenty of IVO props in front of 912 engines. They work well, given you have the right model to match your engine.

Is your engine a 100 or 80 hp model?

Which model hub do you have, ultralight or medium?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks, I will follow up with Rotax. My 912 is 80 hp. All I have left on my project is covering the fuselage and get everything painted. Bud

Hi Bud
    I have over 600 hours on a 3 blade 70" IVO IFA Ultralight prop. Runs smooth and allows the little 80 HP to achieve full RPM for take off. They are light and should be easy on the gear reduction.
    Hope this helps
    Don

I have a brand new 3 blade 72" IVO hanging on the wall for when ever I finish the Kitfox 4 with a 912. Not sure what to do with it now though. This summer I swapped back and forth between a Warp 2 blade 70" taper tip and two different IVO 3 blades. One was 64" and the other 68" The Warp outperformed both of those blades by a wide margin in both climb and cruise. This was on a Kitfox 1 with 582 and 2.58 ratio B gearbox. Now I'm not sure what prop to use for the 912. YMMV. JImChuk

Thanks for the responses. Very encouraging.
    I contacted IVO and I apparently have a medium blade ground adjustable hub. Sounds like my best move is to get 3 medium blades 70 inch length. May even consider shorter blade to allow higher static rpm with a strong pitch. Any thoughts or experiences with that ??
    Bud