I just installed a Hacman on an avid with a 582 blue head. It looks like I have it put together correctly (instructions suck) I installed the 180 main that came with it as opposed to the 165 that was in there. My needle was on the bottom clip already. I saw absolutely no change in my temps at all. WOT egt was 950-1000 at 6400rpm cruise was about 1080-1090 at 5400-5800 rpm. at about 5200-5300 temps went to 1125 or so but all other times was at 1020-1090. Engine ran fine and there was never any fuel dumping as it would have if the carb vents did not have the holes in the tubing without the hacman (yes I did that before) so the carbs seemed to be operating correctly. My field is at 850msl and I flew up to about 3000 msl. I know that is not high altitude however I thought I would be able to get away from seasonal jetting changes with this. Am I missing something? Do you still have to do the seasonal jetting changes and ONLY use it at high altitude or do I need to look into a malfunction of some sort? I assumed you could lean in all altitudes.
Mark