On the Harbor "Fright" HVLP gun, I also used one on our kitfox. The definition of HVLP includes more than one design - the cheap HF ones reduce overspray by having the paint cup on top of the gun so it gravity feeds rather than to rely on suction feed from below like a "standard" gun which drastically increases the air flow and subsequent overspray. I have a real nice Binks suction feed I use for lacquer work but didn't use that on the Kitfox because slow dry paint and overspray just don't mix.

Years gone by I had some bad luck with cheap spray guns (which is why I got the Binks back then) The problem at the time was poor spray patterns due to the fluid needle not being centered so you ended up with a lop sided spray pattern no matter what adjustments were made. I am still flabbergasted by the cheap HF HVPL gun as it has always done good spray patterns and I can't figure out how they made it work so well and be cheap

I am sure the high tec turbine HVLP guns are really nice - but it's a lot of money too.