Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 914 carbs on a 912UL

Default 914 carbs on a 912UL

Ok guys- any reason you can't run a 914 carb on a 912? in my research it looks like they are the same Bing 64 with different mainjets and a throttle position sensor. Any reason why they won't work?

Thanks,

Scott

Default Re: 914 carbs on a 912UL

I'm not even sure the main jets are different...

There may be an extra port, or difference In the port to pressurize the float bowls, since they are a "blow through" setup.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thanks Larry for responding. Checked with John today and verified just need to change the main jets and drop the clip to the third position on the needles. I'm tryin my old carbs first, if I don't get anywhere I will try these and report to everyone how they work.

I'm using 914 carbs on an 80hp 912. All is well. I cut the shaft and removed the throttle sensor only because it was conflicting with coolant tubing and that fix looked easier than reconfiguring the cooling system.
    My 914 carbs came with same needle and jets as original. Ebay deal, great price at $350 per pair.
    Last edited by tommg13780; 09-09-2016 at 03:15 AM. Reason: add comment

Quote Originally Posted by tommg13780 View Post
    I'm using 914 carbs on an 80hp 912. All is well. I cut the shaft and removed the throttle sensor only because it was conflicting with coolant tubing and that fix looked easier than reconfiguring the cooling system.
    My 914 carbs came with same needle and jets as original. Ebay deal, great price at $350 per pair.
    Thanks for responding. Kind of nice to get a good eBay deal(doesn't happen very often) I am amazed at the weirdness these carbs can cause when they get old.