Imagine this. Your the guy who has an absolute mental block on electrical wiring and you recognize this, so you hire a company who builds harnesses so that things are done right. Are you that guy that has all the luck and the job gets done without problem? Unfortunately I not that guy this time. I keep finding errors in the harnesses. Went out to really get a move on the electrical stuff today since my harnesses have been delayed 6 addtl weeks beyond the date they stated they would be finished. I picked it all up yesterday. Found a power wire connected to an incorrect pin of the GMU 22 magnatometer. My ELT harness has a G force trigger wire loop that was smashed under the restraining strap that secures the wires to the D sub connector housing. Im seeing wire strand spanning about 3mm of the insulation. Uncertain if any wires are actually severed. If this wire connection is done incorrectly the G switch will fail to trigger the ELT xmsn. Great. Another thing on that connector. the wires are just coming out the back of the connector without any cushioning or rubber grommet support. The connector kit that I gave them has everything they needed to install this connector per the Artex installation manual. I don't know if I am just nit picking at this part or if I should be expecting them to assemble these connectors as instructed by the Mfr.
Anyhow, I have called on my EAA tech counselor/DAR to visit. He will be coming Tuesday morning.
It took me hours to discover these problems because I am studying paperwork so much just to figure out what I was looking at. MAN this stinks. I will admit, since I was forced to work on without being able to call the shop, I started to be able to make sense of things. Im going to give it another day of working things out and then I may have to get help from an avionics guy from a local avionics shop. Lots of resources here in southern California. Lets hope my tech counselor enlightens me.