Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EFWD Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: EFWD Build

Take and post lots of pictures!
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Talking Re: EFWD Build

OK. Day one down. No pics. Dropped and broke my phone Sunday night. Destroyed screen so I was unable to use the phone until tonight after repair at Apple Store in Boise mall. Anyhow. Paul and I had, well I had a great time. 2.8 hours logged. Apparently I was taking off and landing unassisted. These airplanes are a Blast! Weird stuff happens relative to what I experienced in Cessna's and Piper's I once flew. Sight picture out the windscreen is way different for example. Looks like your descending while in cruise. With flaps out and while slow you employ the rudders a whole lot more than when the thing is clean. Flaps make the nose drop too. I know most of you know this but some have yet to learn the fun stuff of the Kitfox. Pretty good winds today once above 1000' AGL. Lots of learning going on during my base leg turns as I was blown away and I had to use more Power to keep might sight picture of the numbers. Paul is great to learn from. He is so laid back. When he first gave me the controls I was told "don't worry about holding altitude or airspeed, just fly it around and feel what it does". It doesn't get any more relaxed than that. Day one I was flying over the river banking left, right etc etc. Although I was surprised he had me doing that It was a very good technique at "waking up" my feet. Anyway, total blast today. Maybe 4 or 4.5 hours tomorrow.