Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EFWD Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: EFWD Build

Thanks Josh
    I have seen the S curve before. I dread the hole drilling part of this build. I started this project with discovering I have some things to learn about running a drill. I wish my drill had a built in level. the reinforcement plates that are on the ribs don't have a very big flange in which the rivets hold the flapperon brackets on. If I dont get these on straight and drill nearly absolutely perpendicular then the rivets will be awfully close to the edge. Thanks for your input.

Take some small clamps, clamp your brackets to your rib, and back drill through your bracket then add clevos. This way the hole is exactly where you want it and you drill can't wander. Get a second person to stand at the leading edge and tell you which way to angle your drill before you start. Makes a big difference with a second set of eyes.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Thanks Josh
    got the right side mounted today. A bit of S turn in the #1 bracket needed but no binding!