For the BNC, you will have to buy a new connector. If it is a solder on pin you may be able to re-use it. If crimp no. Looks like you already crimped the shield ferrule so the connector is already toast.
Before you cut anything - find the manufacturer and the part number and get the assembly instructions for "this specific connector".
I have been working with various RF connectors for over 30 years and there are differences. If you are a novice and do not know how to determine the proper length of cuts, the manufacturers instructions are the only way to go.
Another thing you should try is to put it all together before you crimp or solder anything. You can get an idea if things are going to line up proper.
If you have any specific questions shoot me an IM

As for the bolt torque, there are standard torques for bolts. If you know the bolt type, diameter, and thread pitch it's basically a look up.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
So, I referred to my sport air workshop notes. I cut the coax as I was instructed. Watching the homebuilders hints on EAA website he shows how the pin should be almost flush with the white insulator. Mine is deeper and I cant run my fingernail across it and touch it. Anybody have a different reference for cutting the RG400 type coax. This will be my third waisted pin, and unless I can purchase just the pins I have got to replace the entire connector again. My notes state Cut back the insulation 5/8 inch, leave braid 5/16 inch, White part should be 15/32 out from the insulation and the wire for the pin 5/32 inch long. My pin seems too short and I am unsure if its going to work. Any different reference material I can try?