Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EFWD Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: EFWD Build

Just a lot of orbital sanding will get you this finish Jim. Even after all the time I spent I still have swirl from the manufacturer. I couldn't see the swirl until you get to the polishing grits. It's too late to start over at that point unless your looking for trophies.
    Dave, Halfway might be uneccessary. I aim to make it to Phx soon as I need to retrieve my camping gear from my mom in Surprise. She brought it home from Oshkosh since they were wanting as much to ship from Airventure as the tent, clothes, mattress' and sleeping bags are worth. I used a business account to ship to Wisconsin but UPS wouldn't allow us to use the business account there at the show. Anyhow, I need to do another Chicken Strip camping trip soon, before it gets too cold at night there.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thank you. Wonder why these log books wouldn't have an AD/SB section? I suppose "Notes" pages will suffice. Thankfully, of the three SB on the Rotax so far, none of them have cost me $$$.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie, you should consider yourself lucky to get 600 hours out of your gearbox. I run a Rotax 912iS and during a routine oil change found a piece of metal on the magnetic plug. It was recommended that it be torn down for inspection, 368 hours. It cost $2250 in parts to rebuilt it. I bought a shop press and did the work myself, pretty straightforward. I was also very careful to keep the RPM’s no lower than 2000, always brought the RPM’s up to 2000 as soon as possible on roll out. I sent pictures and filled out a report for Rotax, no reply so far.

Frontier Fox
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

Yeah this stinks. Does the 912is share a gearbox with any other engines?
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Looking for the DynaVibe! The last inquirey about two weeks ago has gone unanswered. Berfore I buy a balance master, reluctantly, Im giving one last shout out in an attempt to find the DynaVibe we once had floating around. Has anybody any info on that kit? I have a shop here that can do it for $$ but I'll just do a balance master to get me in the air until I come up with a kit. Appreciate any help.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Eddie - this may be a too obvious question but have you checked with your local EAA chapter? In any event, good luck in finding one. If you can't, PM me as I should have my Balance Master still in the hangar and you are welcome to it.