Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EFWD Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: EFWD Build

EFWD
    Check NTE (nteinc.com) for the round switches. They make snap in or threaded switches and are available from many different sources. Prices are pretty reasonable too.
    I went with the illuminated round hole rocker with the square bezel. I also put a dimmer on the switch so the LED can be turned down or off. These are rated at 12V 20A! There are a couple panel pics in my photo album
    Theres a document out there somewhere that details how to derate switches for AC or DC use. I thought it was on the ray allen site but I cannot find it... Maybe someone else knows where it is.

Found it...
    www.bandc.aero/pdfs/Switch_Ratings.pdf
    Last edited by jmodguy; 01-02-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Good Lord, I got wiped out today. So many landings. I think Paul said 22. I slept fine last night and didn't feel tired until we sat down in the hangar. Came back to the Hotel and fell asleep for 2 hours.. I've not been taxed like that in ten years. Okay, Paul tells me he only helped save our bacon once on my first attempt at making a landing on a gravel strip using a slower approach speed. I guess I actually pulled it off but I pushed the airspeed limit such that he had to help.
    On another note, I love this country stuff. I grew up in the country and now having lived in the big city I have forgotten how nice these places are. I forget the town name but we stopped at an airport where we gained access to a car to go into town for lunch. Come on, where else can you just use a car that has instructions on how to get the keys pasted on the back window?
    So, if we don't get weathered out tomorrow Paul believes I will have my endorsement after doing cross wind and wheel landings. I tried one wheel landing at Homedale after he showed me one first. Thankful that I will be fresh tomorrow when I take it on. I may have just fallen asleep as Paul filled out my log book had we done more today.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Guess what. I'm tailwheel endorsed and have got my annual flight review for the first time in over 20 years. Learned wheel landings and crosswind landings today. Got weathered out yesterday so I was well rested and motivated today. What a blast this Kitfox is. Once you learn the flight characteristics you begin to realize what it is capable of doing. Now I kinda get how it is that guys like Trent Put this plane wherever they want. So dang fun. Heading out to some desert Backcountry with Paul tomorrow as all the higher altitude stuff is under snow still especially after the weather front that came through yesterday. Looking forward to getting my bird up so I can improve on what Paul has taught me.
    Eddie

Congrats grasshopper.
    You have been trained by the best. Phase one testing will be much safer for you and your new Kitfox.
    Stick & Rudder Kitfox training is a wise investment and your insurance carrier will agree.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Congratulations Eddie. You’ll feel more confident now for your first flight.
    David
    SS7 Builder

Got to go out to the desert backcountry stuff yesterday. The high terrain is covered in snow still. Sure was valuable information to acquire. I really didnt imagine that landing on slopes, narrow unimproved surfaces etc etc would be that involved. Just not knowing field elevation and runway length and the slope really makes things challenging. Sometimes running along these surfaces made me think I was 4 wheeling in a truck. Man, was it fun getting mud on the airplane.

41B0BA6C-6634-4C8A-910B-BE9E8089AC06.jpg

1EC95BA7-CC17-468D-9E2A-BDC3DA4D388D.jpg