Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 582 Injection Line Replacement

Default 582 Injection Line Replacement

I have an injection line seeping at one of the barb connections. These are the OEM lines and keepers. Any idea how best to remove these keepers without much fuss? Don't want to over stress the barbs, thinking that maybe I could squeeze on the ears (90 degrees to the original crimp). Any thoughts?

Default Re: 582 Injection Line Replacement

Like I said on the "other" site, squeezing on the ears will open up the clamps. I just changed the tubes on the Kitfox 1. One hose broke where it comes out of the banjo fitting. Good thing I caught it right away before it cause trouble with the engine. After I pulled off the old tubes, I found that I could break them pretty easy if I pulled on them. When I scraped them with my finger nail, I could peal some of the tube away pretty easy. This would be something for anyone who is running oil injection to take a look at. These tubes deteriorate eventually and it might be easy to ever look them with bad things happening because of it. JImChuk

That's good news (that they - the keepers - can open up). Also great to hear you caught yours early.

I changed mine and I'd never done it before. I don't recall getting the clips off being a big deal. Little squeeze with some long pliers and they were off. I think because these lines are close to the engine they should be checked and changed fairly often. My lines were baked to a brownish color and fairly stiff-brittle.