Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
Two points to add. First, I spoke to Lars on Monday as I was trying to order new glue. The glue now is apparently premixed by the way. My glue came in three bottles and I don't have to mix anything. Lars advised that the expiration date is given as a worse case scenario on storage. I have stored them in the fridge and mine seems to be working well.
Second, I attempted to cut a four inch wide tape for the leading edge of my rudder. No matter how careful I was the edge is not straight. Not horrible but even the least attentive person would notice the edge being slightly off compared to the precut tape. I am ordering tapes of appropriate width for everything. Not inexpensive but worth it.
Just a pic of the horizontal I am working on.
Eddie
That looks very nice, Eddie! I really like the look of the silver. That's surprising if they only offer the glue pre-mixed. I think that if you didn't specify before, you'd get pre-mixed... maybe they changed the formulation? The shelf life of non- pre-mixed was considerably greater. The catalyst was in a very small bottle compared to the glue.