Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Zipper Discussion

Default Re: More Zipper Discussion

I would have the same issue as I run the IVO IFA UL also. But knowing that others have flown hours and hours with the UL blades on a 912S Rotax, I don't think that will stop me from going to the big bore. And honestly, with more HP available, maybe I will just need a fixed pitch prop? In many regards that would be simpler. Av8r3400 has a huge 2 blade Prince on his Zipped up Model 4, and from what he is saying that's probably all a guy needs, because you get a better takeoff and climb, but yet have enough power to cruise efficiently.

Default Re: More Zipper Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Russell320 View Post
    IVO seems to think so. But I think it's just lawyer talk.
    We could do like Cub Crafters does and just put a placard on the panel saying something to the effect "Do not exceed 100 Hp". So when applying full throttle you just back it off about an eighth of an inch from the stop

The biggest issue with the IVO UL blades is that they cavitate on initial throttle application when used on higher HP. But they do work. The 100 hp+ Highlander used in the Dead Stick Takeoff video had an IVO IFA with UL blades, and cavitation was the only issue he ever experienced.