Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Fuel Fitting

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Fuel Fitting

Hello Gentleman.
    Wondering how you all might rectify this. My fuel fitting is pressed up against the #1 rib. Leaving it like this renders it a permanent install and I will never be able to adjust it should it develop a leak. I see three ways I might correct it. Tap the hole in the tank a bit deeper. God forbid I screw that up and go too deep. Honestly, it most likely wouldn't do the job on its own. The elbow would likely still not clear the Rib web should I need to rotate. I'm thinking the fabric may even prohibit the full rotation, Im not sure. Second would be to trim an eighth inch off the outboard flange of the tank and push the tank outboard. The third would be to trim out some rib web as well as notch the rib capstrip. Maybe a bit of all three. My other tank is fine. I will try now to add Pics. Sorry, Two of the pics are turned 90 degrees again.
    Attached Images Attached Images