Thanks for all the responses. From what I see I wouldn't be able to get the bolts out of the engine mounts without removing the mount from the firewall. I think I may have a custom built mount as John McBean didn't think a 914 on a series 6 was possible. The SS7 that I flew with Stick and Rudder definitely extended the mount out another 4 inches or so and I agree you would be able to change the bushings one at a time. Same for the coolant hoses. Although it would be possible to do the coolant hoses without removing the engine from the firewall, I think it will be infinitely easier with it removed. Since I plan on doing both of those things and much more, it made the most sense in my head. So far the hardest thing to replace has been the ignition rubber mounts. They seem to be almost impossible to get to, but badly needed. One of them fell apart while trying to dismantle them. The other I intentionally cut in half. Getting them reinstalled will be a test of patience unless someone has a trick.