If I had a 914 Kitfox I would just follow what the factory does for the fuel system as it apparently works as they have designed it. I shared the info on the Highlander more in an effort to warn others of the pitfalls of recirculating hot fuel back and forth between a very hot engine compartment and a small header tank in the baggage compartment. We will never be 100% sure that was the only issue with that Highlander, but I will say not only was it ok until the day it was ground run a lot before the takeoff on a very warm day, but after the crash that aircraft was rebuilt and that same engine installed identically with the exception of routing return fuel to the wing tank, and it operated perfect. So I know what I believe...

And maybe my statement or term I used as fuel vaporization wasn't exact as I am not a fuel engineer. But I don't believe a fuel pump can pump fuel consistently when it is anything other than a liquid. What I do know is that my friend that crashed that day is extremely lucky to be alive, and has had 7+ surgeries since in an effort to get back to close to normal. So I will never take what I learned that day lightly. Hopefully 914 Kitfoxes don't have that same issue, but I felt obligated to share my experience in the name of safety. So use it as you see fit.