So I am at 577 hours coming up on my 600 hour required inspection of the gearbox on my 912ULS and I am very puzzled about how and where to get this inspection done. I live in Southern California and would love to take it to a Rotax shop that specializes in this but strangely, am having trouble locating one. I thought that only a licensed A&P could be hired to do this kind of work but yet when I use the service locator below, there appear to be a lot of independent rotax maintenance technicians (iRMT) who are not A&Ps and their training appears to be only a two day course. I am simply not comfortable entrusting my engine and my life to someone without an A&P whose training was limited to a two day class.

Although I have loved doing my own 100 and 200 hour services, especially ripping apart the Bing carbs, looking at the specialized tools to do the gearbox inspection is a bit daunting so I was planning on hiring a professional but if all I can find is someone who has taken a two day class then I will do it myself. Am I missing something here? It cant be that hard to get a Rotax serviced.

Here is the service locator:
https://rotaxirmt.com/locator