Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912 Oil Can

Default 912 Oil Can

Looking for an inexpensive option for an oil can and lines for 912UL build?
    Ace hardware doesnt carry that!!

Default Re: 912 Oil Can

I would stay miles away from any alternative oil reservoir for the Rotax 912 unless you could verify that it is an EXACT copy of the factory item. There is much engineering that goes into a critical oil reservoir such as this to prevent aeration and foaming of the oil. That screen inside and the baffles didn't just happen. I know because I was closely involved in designing hydraulic systems similar to this. Especially in an aircraft where weight and size are minimized, everything else must be done right. If you must save money, look for a used one.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Spruce has the oil line, but the oil tank isn't something you should substitute. It is designed to defoam, cool, sump and many other things. Get the correct tank.

Used ones do appear on Scam-Bay and Craigslist on occasion.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

California Power Systems, a part of Aircraft Spruce sell Rotax Parts. I'll be picking up my 912 ULS tomorrow and then will be drive home to Texas to reinstall. The Rotax Oil Tank definately controls the oil foaming, and the remote can dissipates heat. It works fine on my plane.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas