Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Newbie. Dumb pre-sales questions.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Newbie. Dumb pre-sales questions.

Hi All.
    Happy I'm able to post now, but not sure if this is the best place.

I felt deprived of space in urban apartments my whole life. I'm moving to a small farm in rural Wisconsin and I thought it can make a good landing strip.

I'm in flight school and been reading about Kitfox for a long time. So I'm getting closer to buying one. The plane looks like a fantastic STOL/BUSH ride with many accessible places in grass airports or some BLM areas..
    So I'm trying to get the a Kitfox to take-off from a 1200' back-yard then do cross-country work to get to those remote locations.

So, is it possible to buy a Kitfox ESLA based on the SLSA with about 90-100% completed? Then have autopilot (that comes with Dynon glass for example) & other instruments installed for me to help with the cross-country travel while I need to check an aviation chart ? Asking about the autopilot because I didn't find that in the parts catalog.

Then after buying, I can ask about a 16 hour (LSRI) course for that plane, intro to Kitfox specific flight training, Tail-wheel Endorsement, and Mountain-Flying Proficiency training.

Is all this possible? Can someone point me in the right direction?

thanks!
    Last edited by enewmen; 02-14-2016 at 09:11 PM.