Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low and slow

Default Re: Low and slow

I just re-read your question. You asked my favorite and least favorite that I have flown,..I didn't list the least favorite because all ultralights if they are set up right do what they are suppose to do,..get you in the air,..I have flown allot of different ultralights "first flights" because the owner wanted to see it fly first ..ha ha,..any excuse is as good as another I guess ha ha I think it's because it being the first aircraft they ever assembled ..they didn't have total confidence in their abilities but after a thourogh check of the craft,and a weight and balance ..I'd fly it for them to suffice their anxiety ,

Default Re: Low and slow

Let me follow up on what I said about the ultralight crashes at our local grass strip. The only crash that was fatal was of a man with psychological problems (we found out later) who bought a Pteradyctl and tried to fly it without ever even riding in an airplane, let alone ever having any instruction. The results were not suprising. Other than that one incident, no one has ever been injured other than minor bandaid type scrapes. A couple of pilots had some scrapes while climbing down pine trees. One pilot started carrying a rope. Most planes flew again.