Yes it does, Paul. I've done a few factory built aircraft over the years, when the owner's mechanic was willing to sign it off. I've pretty much done nothing but experimental homebuilts with the builder helping & making his logbook entries.

My story is that I bought the machine at a time in my life when I had a little more money than sense I guess, but it's been great to have. Shortly after I finished my T-18 about 25 years ago a local prop shop offered a "special" price of $250 to our EAA chapter (#43) for a dynamic balance job. They used an old Chadwick Helmuth balancer with the hand-held strobe light, etc. The quality of the job was dependent on the experience & skill of the operator. Long story short, after about 45 minutes, the guy said that was it. The numbers weren't particularily good, but I noticed a good improvement and could see the potential if a really good job was done. The newer technology was becoming available & more affordable, with micro-processors & photoelectric sensors, simplifying & making the whole thing pretty easy. I bought one of the ACES units & have never regretted it. It's a nice compact unit, but the newer ones like Dorsal has are even more compact. I've balanced all kinds of things with mine, including blower wheels, car engine flywheels, etc.