Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: A quiz for you

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A quiz for you

Had a nice flight today out to Yarrawonga on the Murray River to get measures up for a cover. A couple of photos attached for general interest. But here is what I need some input on. I have the 912is sport engine coupled to an Airmaster CSP. The Airmaster is programmed for 5000rpm cruise. (some tell me it should be about 5200rpm but I cant see why to run it at that setting Vs 5000). With the 912is sport the computer organises the fuel/air mixture and has basically 2 settings. 1. Full power (throttle) or 2. economy he's what I dont actually understand. I can reduce the throttle a cm or 2 to achieve the economy setting at about 27"MAP. I can futher reduce the throttle setting to about 21"MAP before engine cannot maintain 5000rpm. So, what is the difference in throttle settings doing between 21"MAP and 27"MAP?? My assumption is that the MAP setting doesnt really matter between that range as the computer will decide how much fuel is needed to maximise the power and the excess is returned to the tank. Does this sound right to you guys?? I find the Rotax manuals to be scant on this info and the rotax owners site to be not much better. Your thoughts appreciated as I have no luck getting any sense from the rotax dealers here!

cheers

ross
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)