EFI Update

It's been a while since I posted my search for an EFI system. I decided on the Edgeperformance.no 4-1 directport fuel injection system.

20170702_185736.jpg

Lots of work went into determining what system would fit under my SS7 cowl. I ordered the "Trixy" intake with the injectors facing forward and aft to clear the cowl. The Trixy intake is swept aft for clearance for the Airmaster slip rings on the aft of the gearbox. The top of the intake clears the cowl by a little more than a 1/2 inch.

Over the past week or so I have been installing the system. The system consists of the intake manifold, Pressure Regulator, vac manifod, ECU, O2 sensor, wire harness, ECI relocation brackets, and Dual fuel pump with hoses and connectors. I've spent about 25 hours on the installation. I'm pretty happy with all the components so far. The system is installed and ready for operation. I found a leak on one of the AN 6 PTFE fuel fittings. This fuel system is really nice but you have to order/wait for everything. As soon as the fitting arrives I'll be starting the engine.

20170702_185755.jpg

I installed an extra EarthX(2.5lb offset by the weight saved on the EFI sys) battery that will automatically power the ECU and Fuel pumps in the event the Regulator and/or main Battery fails.

Thought there was interest on this upgrade so I'll keep you posted on the first run and results of the upgrade.

Scott