Hey all, I am a new member to Team Kitfox and I look forward to getting to now you all. In the mean time I am insisting that we get a few up to date posts on this thread. I will be searching around in a bit to see what more info there is but I am amazed this thread died off. I am in the process of converting to an HKS as well, 2 years into the process. I started it after my last deployment and my two sons, ages 2 and 5, prevented me from having much time in the garage before I came over seas again. I am going to hit the project hard when I get home but I want to know how others worked a few problems as well

My conversion will be a bit unique. I got my FWF from Jerry at Green Sky Adventure but I couldn't stand the look of the high thrust line in the bump cowl. Since I was not a huge fan of the bump cowl I used this as an excuse to buy a cowl for an Avid Mk IV, so now I am actually raising the engine up an additional 2". This is also requiring a new firewall be made, a new windshield, and a new instrument panel. If I could do it again having read these posts I may have attempted to follow your leads. This is a LOT of work I am having to do. But I think it will look and perform awesome and I am anxious to see if the higher thrust line takes out some of my forward stick in cruise. I look forward to hearing from some of you on this.

So how did the final conversion look? Any more pictures? If you were back at the beginning what would you have done differently?

James