Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Kitfox product - tail light housing

Default Re: New Kitfox product - tail light housing

Id love to see the install instructions or pictures of how you get the wire from the aft fuselage to the rudder! Can see to picture it in my head

Quote Originally Posted by 4Hummer View Post
    Id love to see the install instructions or pictures of how you get the wire from the aft fuselage to the rudder! Can see to picture it in my head

I would like to see photos as well!

I’ll try to take pics today. I used a TIG welding rod to fish the wire from the aft edge of the rudder to one of the hinge cut outs on the front edge of the rudder. I then used a long drill bit to drill a hole in the fiberglass on the back side of the vertical and installed a rubber grommet in the hole for the wire to pass thru. I did the install without removing the rudder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Not the greatest pictures but you can see how I ran the wire. It will be secured to stay out of the rudder stops. (Side note) you can also see how I addressed the rudder stop issue that some have. I drilled and tapped a hole on the rear stop and used a Phillips head screw with appropriate washers to adjust rudder travel so that the rudder wouldn’t contact the elevator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered