Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Oil temp sender caution

Default Oil temp sender caution

I am currently changing my gauges to standard VDO separate gauges
    The oil temp sender was fitted.we decided to remove the pump to inspect the drive pins(some had roll pins?)we discovered the sender was longer and restricting the oil gallery!
    The sender is now spaced back,we have a lot of 912's flying with different senders,I believe there will be a mass inspection here in the next few weeks
    One aircraft with the same sender has had for the last 750hrs always had strange oil pressure significantly higher when warm.
    Just a heads up
    When changing what rotax recommends be careful!

Default Re: Oil temp sender caution

Hi Dusty,

You wouldn't have the part number, photos or measurements by any chance would you?

I guess I'm more interested in how long the "probe" is on the unit that is too long to make sure that i'm not running that one.

Cheers
    Jono

Default Re: Oil temp sender caution

Hi Jono
    Sorry I must have thrown the old westach sender out,the sender I used is the standard type VDO,from memory about 1/4inch longer same diameter,the thread is finer we tap and loctite
    An easy check is to remove the sender,you will be able to see the oil gallery concerned, just measure the distance.
    I have been told a shorter sender is possibly available(one of the reasons we use VDO here as there is plenty of options and the prices are fair)
    I trust this is of some help
    Cheers
    Paul