Hope this is the right thread. Apologies in advance for this lengthy post.

I have a Kitfox IV Speedster, bought this past summer, with a Rotax 912 ULS 100HP, three-blade square-tip nickel-edged Warp Drive prop. Don't know the prop model or serial number, nor blade-length off-hand, but will find out on return to hangar.

Had the aircraft into a Rotax shop this past week for swapping out engine shock mounts, fixing a coolant leak, and, wanting more cruise speed, a blade pitch-angle increase, and while I was at it, prop dynamic balancing. Figured, since the aircraft had been Colorado based, with high density altitudes as normal, that I could safely reduce the climb performance at sea level here in Western Washington and gain some cruise speed.

I don't know the starting nor resulting blade pitch angle; will measure it next time at hangar, but had asked for a 1 degree increase. Static runup speeds dropped about 300 RPM according to the A&P and on my flight home I seemed to notice an increase in cruise, but didn't have the best conditions to measure that. I was told that the initial values on dynamic balancing were close to .4 and end values were something like .07. Sorry that I'm not quite sure what exactly those values represent, but I know you'll help me.

Here's the rub.

Formerly, on reducing engine power from about 5000 RPM, I might have noticed on a few occasions a mild vibration. I had attributed that to possible tired and worn shock mounts which were obviously in need of replacement.

On the flight home, from Arlington to Apex, about 30 NM, on power reduction from 4000 RPM I noticed a quite stronger vibration, enough that I found it troubling. The A&P had mentioned, while I was picking up the plane, that, during the final static runups, he'd found a "prop flutter" in mid-range RPM's, but that it went away towards the higher RPM's.

I called him after I put the plane to bed, and we discussed whether the new vibration was because of the pitch angle increase adding a bigger load at lower RPM's, which seemed like the logical answer to me. He mentioned the possibility of carbs being out of sync, but my guess is that the single variable we've changed was prop pitch, and I should look to that for the answer.

Here's the advice I'm seeking.

1. After I've got the model and serial number and pitch angle, is this something that I should call the Warp Drive factory and seek advice.

2. I have the correct torque values and tools for the prop bolts, plus a digital level and have read more than a few forum posts on changing blade pitch, plus the factory procedures online. But, I haven't done this before. Should I just re-adjust the blades to the previous angle and see if that addresses the issue? Will me doing that have any effect on the dynamic balancing assuming I seat the blades properly? I'd prefer not to have to spend any more money on A&P's doing this.

3. Are there any other obvious factors that you guys are aware of that I'm missing?

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to read this.