Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: airworthiness

Default Re: airworthiness

I am not a DAR and thus my original question. With that said my research into this stated that once a registration has expired (regardless of reason) for more than 90 days the n-number is on hold and unavailable for 5 yrs. I could find no mention of registering the number again during this time regardless of who was trying to do it. That brought me to the AW cert and whether or not a whole new AW inspection was needed.

Default Re: airworthiness

I just got off the phone with the Minneapolis FSDO and it seems that within 3 years of the registration being expired, it is fairly easy for the current owner to reestablish the registration. A call to the Oklahoma FAA aircraft registration will start the process. The guy I talked to gave me this # to call: 1-866-726-9434. He said it's usually best to call earlier in the morning. He also said that after 3 years the N# may get issued to another aircraft. The guy I talked to was very helpful, and easy to talk to. I know we are usually scared of these guys at the FAA, but every time I've had anything to do with them they were very decent and helpful. If I was involved with the aircraft that started this discussion, I would go right to the final authority and call the FAA to find out what to do. After all, they will be the ones saying yes or no when all is said and done. Jim Chuk