Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Powder coating

Default Powder coating

So I am into the build with the quick build wings. As I read about the process of assembly I believe I will need to remove the powder coating under the strut attach plates where they will be glued and riveted to the spar. Is this correct, I might have missed it but I did not read where this is to happen. If so what might be a good way to remove the coating with out effecting the other areas of the power coating? Also once the reinforcement plates at the wing root attach area are temporarily installed are these painted, can you see them after final assembly.

Thanks

Default Re: Powder coating

You don't need to remove it as long as it is thoroughly scuffed for adhesion. If you did want to remove it, use permatex gasket remover.

Default Re: Powder coating

like Josh...i dont remove it...i ask to John McBean...he said it is better like that beacause without that you have dissimilar metal problem..whatever..it is just for have a good leveling bed between the bracket and the spar..