Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Rev master 2300 prop pitch

Smile Rev master 2300 prop pitch

I have a Revmaster 2300 with a wooden prop 62x29. I am only getting 2850 RPMs static. I ordered a warp drive 3 blade composit prop hoping that I'll be able to make the static 3200 RPMs. It's a 58 inch blade. Any idea for a pitch setting for starters?

Default Re: Rev master 2300 prop pitch

Brendan,

For your new warp drive...the best way to get the info you want is call up Warp Drive - use the phone number given on their website. They are pretty knowlegeable about their products.

http://warpdriveincorporated.com/products/pc/home.asp

There is a tag on the front of one of the blades on your prop which has the serial number - tell them the serial number and what engine you have - they will give you the minimum and maximum pitch for that combination....I used a pitch halfway between and ended up being within 1 degree of optimum for our Kitfox.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive

I didn't know you could put a warp on a VW

Rob at Warpdrive said its doable

I mounted the Warpdrive 3 blade 58" 10 degrees was used for 3200 static RPM. It was very quiet compared to the 62 inch wood prop. I was very disappointed with the rate of climb I was getting. With just me and 10 gallons of gas in the tanks I was barely making 300 RPMs

My wood prop was making at least 500 FPM

Why did you change props? Besides the climb rate, what kinds of speeds were you seeing with the longer wood prop? (two blade, I assume)
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

My wood prop was only putting out 2850 static. For max HP I need 3200 static

Howdy;
    I am the sites VW guy. I have had 3 VW based engines in the air, and now have a type-4 on my Model-4. The 62" prop is too big for your plane. You will over heat the engine oil for sure, and reps will be low (as you have seen). Have them cut it down to 60", it will make a huge difference. Also, only wood props on a VW, else you will break your crank (it needs the "give" from wood).
    Coming from a guy that broke his crank at 5000 ft agl, you don't want that to happen....

Hope this helps
    Roger

Ok I'll tell them to send a 60 inch prop. Was yours a 3 blade prop ? What XW engine were ya using?