Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Another 582 question

Default Another 582 question

It's all coming together faster every evening. I don't quite see the end of the tunnel yet, but at least the engine is almost done. Looking through my "before" photos, I don't have a clear picture of the safety wire on the primer cables on the carbs. I remember they were sort of half assed and only marginally effective at most. I was thinking of using inspectors paint instead. What has all you other 582 folks done?

Default Re: Another 582 question

Not quite sure what you're asking. Are you talking about the enricher cables or the primer system? A picture might help. I suspect the issue is around the reverser bellcrank, but I'm not quite getting it.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Sorry Paul, it's the enricher cables. There's just nothing to wire them to.

Mine arent't safety wired. Nor are my throttle cables. It's never been an issue for me but I don't know if others have done something in that department.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

The primer cable (tube for primer), I secured it with cable-ties at each carb. In my opinion the primer is more effective for starting engine than the choke. Is it what you thinking about?

Olaf